The Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund is a fundraising initiative aiming to provide opportunities to improve the quality of life for those who need it most in memory of the late Jimmy Hill OBE.
Jimmy Hill is a Coventry City legend. During his time with the club, he held the positions of Manager, Managing Director and Chairman, and was the driving force behind the ‘Sky Blue Revolution’ in the 1960s and 1970s.
Jimmy Hill’s success has had a huge impact on the city of Coventry and the Legacy Fund will provide a fitting tribute in his memory, supporting a number of causes that were close to his heart.
The Legacy Fund will:
- Provide activities for children and adults with disabilities (through activities run by SBitC)
- Provide opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people in Coventry and Warwickshire (delivered by SBitC)
- Support and increase the activities on match days in the Sky Blues Family Zone (run by volunteers)
- Provide small grant awards to local voluntary and community organisations
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay?
You can pay with any major debit or credit card.
How long does the campaign last for? And when can I contribute until?
The campaign will be an ongoing campaign so you can begin to contribute at any time!
Is this a Coventry City FC official campaign?
Yes. Coventry City Football Club and Sky Blues in the Community have set up this project, and are using Tifosy’s crowdfunding platform to allow fans everywhere to get involved.
Where does the money go when I pay?
Your money, less fees and administration costs, will contribute toward the Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund which will further the excellent work carried out by SBitC to have a positive impact on the Coventry community.
How much of my contribution is taken up by admin fees and costs?
Costs and campaign expenses amount to less than 10% of the total amount raised. These include, amongst others, production costs of the campaign video, design and running costs of the campaign website and underlying platform, marketing costs, Tifosy’s fees and expenses, and payment processing fees. The campaign costs and expenses are in line with the crowdfunding industry average. Costs related to the manufacturing and fulfilment of rewards vary on a per reward basis.
Who can contribute to the campaign?
Anyone who wants to support this project can contribute.
Are there additional payment processing or shipment fees on top of what I contribute for each reward?
No, all costs are included in the price you pay for your experience or rewards.
When will I receive my rewards?
We will send many items as soon as possible after receiving your first contribution, in the majority of cases you will receive your items within 28 days. If this is not possible we endevour to send your items as soon as we can. If the reward chosen is an experience or a service, time may vary depending on when the activity will take place.
Do I get my reward in person or by post?
Items can be collected on non-matchdays from the Ricoh Arena during working hours. Wristbands and Pin-Badges can be dispatched by post if you should so choose.
Can I subscribe as a gift to someone?
You certainly can! When you contribute, we will take the information of the person it is intended for.
What are you doing with my personal information?
We will never store your credit card info anywhere. We use a secure payment process provider to process payments, so we don’t have to touch your payment information. We will use your name and email to deliver your contribution receipt, any rewards, and keep you up-to-date with campaign information. On occasion, we will use these details to share details of other Tifosy campaigns and the projects of trusted partners which might be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive such emails you will be able to unsubscribe. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
I don’t have a credit or debit card, can I still contribute?
You can definitely make your contribution. Please contact us directly email@example.com with your request, and we will make sure to handle it with you offline.
I’m not from the UK. Can I still contribute?
Yes, contributions are accepted from most countries as long as you use one of the card types listed above. Not only that, we will also take care of shipping you the rewards you have chosen (at contributors cost if overseas). Gift Aid will only be available for UK tax payers.
In case of any raffles, the Competition Terms & Conditions are as follows (this does not apply for regular contributions):
1. The Promoter is: Sky Blues in the Community (charity no. 1127014) whose registered office is Ricoh Arena, Phoenix Way, Coventry, CV6 6GE, UK.
2. Employees of Coventry City FC, Sky Blues in the Community or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. No purchase necessary. Alternative entry is via sending an email with the correct answer to the question and your name & address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Closing date for entry is stated on the reward box. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The rules of the competition are as follows: Each entry submitting the correct answer to the nominated question will be entered into the Draw. One winner will be selected at random from the correct entries received into the Draw before closing date and verified by the Promoter and/or its agents. There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The Promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
12. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, these terms and conditions, and the general terms and conditions of Tifosy.com
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.