There is one constant in Cambridge United's history: the fans have always stood by their club, which has remained at the heart of the Cambridge community, bringing people together, United.
This project gives Cambridge fans, players, staff and the wider community the opportunity to show their support for the club they love and to help Cambridge United and Cambridge United Community Trust (CUCT) to fulfil their objectives.
The club has enjoyed a rich history with the highs of reaching the quarter finals of the FA Cup (twice) and the League Cup in the early 1990s, as well as the lows of relegation out of the football league in 2005. But Cambridge United is so much more than a football club. As Shaun Derry says: "Cambridge United is not just about watching the team on a Saturday afternoon, it's about giving opportunities to people within our community from Monday to Sunday."
You can support the campaign through a monthly membership which gives you fantastic rewards and experiences throughout the year.
Cambridge United Community Trust (CUCT) is the charitable arm of Cambridge United FC. It uses the club's resources to produce a positive impact on the local community. This year, it aims to broaden the scale and scope of its activities: namely, delivering more disability-specific sessions, giving more deserving children the opportunity to attend Soccer Schools, developing a secondary school employability project and having a greater impact on their closest neighbours in Abbey ward.
This is your chance to support CUCT on an ongoing basis. Funds raised through this campaign will go exclusively to CUCT activities in the community. Cambridge United and CUCT will keep you updated on how your contribution will make a real difference in the Cambridge community. #CAMBRIDGEUNITES
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay?
You can pay with any major debit or credit card.
How long does the campaign last for? And when can I contribute until?
The campaign will be an ongoing campaign so you can begin to contribute at any time! In the first six weeks, we will offer fans some amazing one-off rewards or experiences.
Is this a Cambridge United FC official campaign?
Yes. Cambridge United Football Club and Cambridge United Community Trust have set up this project, and are using Tifosy’s crowdfunding platform to allow fans everywhere to get involved.
Where does the money go when I pay?
Your money, less fees and administration costs, will be used to further the excellent work done by CUCT to have a positive impact on the Cambridge community.
How much of my contribution is taken up by admin fees and costs?
Costs and campaign expenses amount to less than 10% of the total amount raised. These include, amongst others, production costs of the campaign video, design and running costs of the campaign website and underlying platform, marketing costs, Tifosy’s fees and expenses, and payment processing fees. The campaign costs and expenses are in line with the crowdfunding industry average. Costs related to the manufacturing and fulfilment of rewards vary on a per reward basis.
Who can contribute to the campaign?
Anyone who supports this project can contribute.
Are there additional payment processing or shipment fees on top of what we contribute for each subscription level?
No, all costs are included in the price you pay for your subscription level or rewards.
When will I receive my rewards?
We will send many items as soon as possible after receiving your first contribution, in the majority of cases you will receive your items within 28 days. If this is not possible we endevour to send your items as soon as we can. If the reward chosen is an experience or a service, time may vary depending on when the activity will take place.
Do I get my reward in person or by post?
Items will be dispatched by post - you will not be able to collect your reward at Abbey Stadium, unless otherwise stated.
Can I subscribe as a gift to someone?
You certainly can! When you contribute, we will take information of the person it is intended for.
What are you doing with my personal information?
We will never store your credit card info anywhere. We use a secure payment process provider to process payments, so we don’t have to touch your payment information. We will use your name and email to deliver your contribution receipt, any rewards, and keep you up-to-date with campaign information. On occasion, we will use these details to share details of other Tifosy campaigns and the projects of trusted partners which might be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive such emails you will be able to unsubscribe. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
I don’t have a credit or debit card, can I still contribute?
You can definitely make your contribution. Please contact us directly email@example.com with your request, and we will make sure to handle it with you offline.
I’m not from the UK. Can I still contribute?
Yes, contributions are accepted from most countries as long as you use one of the card types listed above. Not only that, we will also take care of shipping you with the rewards you have chosen (at contributors cost if overseas). Gift Aid will only be available for UK tax payers.
In case of any raffles, the Competition Terms & Conditions are as follows (this does not apply for regular contributions):
1. The Promoter is: Cambridge United Community Trust (charity no. 1137275) whose registered office is at The Abbey Stadium, Newmarket Road, Cambridge CB5 8LN, UK.
2. Employees of Cambridge United Community Trust, Cambridge United Football Club or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. No purchase necessary. Alternative entry is via sending an email with the correct answer to the question and your name & address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Closing date for entry is stated on the reward box. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The rules of the competition are as follows: Each entry submitting the correct answer to the nominated question will be entered into the Draw. One winner will be selected at random from the correct entries received into the Draw before closing date and verified by the Promoter and/or its agents. There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The Promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
12. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, these terms and conditions, and the general terms and conditions of Tifosy.com
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.