In recognition of George’s contributions to club and country, Fulham FC is raising money to erect a statue of George at Craven Cottage, and to help fund a cause close to George’s heart in the care of dementia sufferers. Chairman Shahid Khan is 100% behind the project and has pledged to match every pound raised by the fans towards both the statue and the charitable causes.
The funding generated through this campaign will first fund the George Cohen statue at Craven Cottage, and then focus on two local programmes in dementia care:
- Providing care for people living with dementia, of which there will be 1 million in the UK by 2025. Working in partnership with Sporting Memories Network, we will improve peoples’ quality of life and that of their carers by helping them to access long-term memories through association with their experiences watching sport;
- Helping to delay the onset of dementia through preventative programmes working on healthy lifestyles, incorporating healthy eating and exercise for men in vulnerable age groups.
Check out the great rewards you can get for your contribution – and get involved to say thank you to George!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay?
You can pay with any major debit or credit card.
How long does the campaign last for? And when can I contribute until?
The campaign lasts until the 31th May and you can contribute until that date.
Is this a Fulham FC official campaign?
Yes. Fulham Football Club and the Fulham FC Foundation have set up this project, and using Tifosy’s crowdfunding platform to allow fans everywhere to get involved.
What is Mr Khan, Fulham FC Chairman’s involvement in the campaign?
Mr Khan has pledged to match the campaign pound for pound up to a total of £100,000 which will cover the cost of the statue, the additional £100,000 or anything raised above it will be used to fund the charitable causes chosen by George Cohen and operated by the Club’s Foundation.
What is Gift Aid and why should I select the option to add it to my payment?
When a UK taxpayer gives a gift of money to a charity, tax has already been paid on that money. Because the Foundation is exempt from tax, it can claim this money back from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). This means the Foundation can claim back from the government on your behalf 25p for every £1 donated, boosting the value of your contribution by 25%.
Where does the money go when I pay?
Your money, less fees and administration costs, will be held in a Fulham FC Foundation nominated account, where it will be kept until needed to pay for the nominated projects. Fulham FC Foundation is a registered charity and these funds will only be used for the Men’s Health projects that have been announced on this website.
How much of my contribution is taken up by admin fees and costs?
Costs and campaign expenses amount to less than 10% of the total amount raised. These include, amongst others, production costs of the campaign video, design and running costs of the campaign website and underlying platform, marketing costs, Tifosy’s fees and expenses, and payment processing fees. The campaign costs and expenses are in line with the crowdfunding industry average. Costs related to the manufacturing and fulfilment of rewards vary on a per reward basis.
Who can contribute to the campaign?
Anyone who supports this project can contribute.
What happens if we hit the £100,000 target?
We keep going! Any additional funds raised over the £100,000 target will allow Fulham FC Foundation to provide more health programmes for Fulham’s community.
What if the campaign target is not reached?
Fulham FC will erect the statue whatever happens.
Are there additional payment processing or shipment fees on top of what we contribute for the rewards?
No, all costs are included in the price you pay for your reward.
When will I receive my reward?
We will send many items as soon as possible after receiving your contribution, and certainly within 28 days. If the reward chosen is an experience or a service, time may vary depending on when the activity will take place.
Do I get my reward in person or by post?
Items will be dispatched by post - you will not be able to collect your reward at Craven Cottage, unless otherwise stated.
Can I contribute more than once?
Yes of course! You can donate as many times as you wish.
Can I give the reward as a gift to someone?
You certainly can! When you contribute for any personalised item, we will take information of the person it is intended for.
What are you doing with my personal information?
We will never store your credit card info anywhere. We use a secure payment process provider to process payments, so we don’t have to touch your payment information. We will use your name and email to deliver your contribution receipt, any rewards, and keep you up-to-date with campaign information. On occasion, we will use these details to share details of other Tifosy campaigns and the projects of trusted partners which might be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive such emails you will be able to unsubscribe. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
I don’t have a credit or debit card, can I still contribute?
You can definitely make your contribution. Please contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, and we will make sure to handle it with you offline.
I’m not from the UK. Can I still contribute?
Yes, donations are accepted from most countries as long as you use one of the card types listed above. Not only that, we will also take care of shipping you with the rewards you have chosen (at contributors cost if overseas). Gift Aid will only be available for UK tax payers.
Where will the statue be located?
It will initially be located at the Hammersmith end corner where fans come in through the turnstiles. Once the Riverside stand redevelopment is completed, it will be moved to this side of the stadium.
Competition Terms & Conditions (this does not apply for regular contributions)
1. The Promoter is: Fulham Football Club Foundation (charity no.1111639) whose registered office is at Motspur Park, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 6PT, UK.
2. Employees of Fulham Football Club Foundation, Fulham Football Club or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. No purchase necessary. Alternative entry is via sending an email with the correct answer to the question and your name & address to email@example.com.
4. Closing date for entry is stated on the reward box. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The rules of the competition are as follows: Each entry submitting the correct answer to the nominated question will be entered into the Draw. One winner will be selected at random from the correct entries received into the Draw before closing date and verified by the Promoter and/or its agents. There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The Promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
12. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, these terms and conditions, and the general terms and conditions of Tifosy.com
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
|2||Bob & Jenny Howes||1000|
|5||The Whitman family||1000|
|28||Wouter Van Der Gaag||10|