A Joint effort between the club, trust and fans!
OAFC and Trust Oldham are working together with Latics fans on a plan to raise a revised total of £26,000 to improve match-day experience through FanFunding. With the contributions of OAFC supporters around the world, we hope to raise enough money to buy and install a scoreboard, so we can #knowthescore at all times – and to bring pre-match entertainment, in-game replays and fan interaction to every game, as well as generating advertising revenue to reinvest in the club.
As the bridge between the club and the fans, Trust Oldham is pledging its full support to the campaign which will now continue until the end of the season. Together we can achieve this and enjoy moments like the below in high-definition on a big screen!
This is a campaign for the fans, by the fans, and the screen is therefore going to be a fan-owned asset. That means that ALL money raised by the campaign will be ringfenced for fan initiaives and the screen ONLY, as determined by Trust Oldham.
ALL revenues generated by the screen in future will be reinvested straight back into the football club's operations. The new scoreboard, once installed, will be an important step for Latics, both on and off the pitch, on the road to becoming more sustainable in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay?
You can pay with any major debit or credit card.
I don’t have a debit or credit card, can I still contribute?
You can definitely make your contribution. Please contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, and we will make sure to handle it with you offline.
I don't live in the UK. Can I still contribute?
Yes, donations are accepted from most countries as long as you use one of the card types listed above. Not only that, we will also take care of shipping you with the reward(s) you have chosen.
Where does the money go when I pay?
Your money, less fees and administration costs, goes directly into a separate account for the Big Screen fund, where it will be kept until needed to pay for the nominated projects. These funds can only be used for the campaign projects that have been announced on this website. In addition, all potential future advertising revenues generated by the screen will be invested in the continued operations of the football club.
How much of my contribution is taken up by admin fees and costs?
Costs and campaign expenses amount to less than 10% of the total amount raised. These include, amongst others, production costs of the campaign video, design and running costs of the campaign website and underlying platform, marketing costs, Tifosy’s fees and expenses, and payment processing fees. The campaign costs and expenses are in line with the crowdfunding industry average. Costs related to the manufacturing and fulfilment of rewards vary on a per reward basis.
Are there other costs to pay, like shipping or credit card charges?
No. All these costs are covered by your contribution.
What if the campaign target is not reached?
All the money we raise will go towards the big screen. If contributions fall short of the amount, the money will be either be spent on a smaller project e.g. scoreboard, or held in the account until the remainder of the money needed can be raised through other fundraising initiatives.
What if the campaign exceeds its target?
If we raise more than £120,000 target, we'll celebrate! But we don't want to stop there - any and all additional funds raised will be allocated to other projects to improve SportsDirect.com Park, and what we spend the money on will be based on what the fans want most.
Will this campaign damage other fundraising efforts?
Not at all. This campaign is meant to enhance the efforts of all other fundraising groups associated with Oldham Athletic by enabling a wider range of fans from across the world to contribute. It has the full support of the club and the Trust Oldham.
When will I receive my reward?
We will aim to send many items as soon as possible after receiving your contribution. If the reward chosen is an experience or a service, time may vary depending on its availability as well as the one of the club to arrange the activity.
How will I receive my reward?
For physical items such as wristbands and pin badges, you will be able to select whether you want to collect from SportsDirect.com Park in Oldham, or if you prefer to have the item delivered by mail. Collections from the ground will be possible on weekdays only, excluding any matchday.
Can I contribute more than once?
Yes of course. You can donate as many times as you wish!
Can I give the reward as a gift to someone?
You certainly can! For items which can be personalised, we will send you a thank you email after you have paid, asking you to provide details of the recipient of the reward. You can then enter their name and address there.
What happens with my personal information?
We will never store your credit card info anywhere. We use a secure payment process provider to process payments, so we don’t have to touch your payment information. We will use your name and email to deliver your contribution receipt, any rewards, and keep you up-to-date with campaign information. On occasion, we will use these details to share details of other Tifosy campaigns and the projects of trusted partners which might be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive such emails you will be able to unsubscribe. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter is: Oldham Athletic Football Club Ltd (company no. 4989487) whose registered office is at Sportsdirect.com Park, Furtherwood Road, Oldham OL1 2PA
2. Employees of Oldham Athletic Football Club Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. Closing date for entry is stated on the reward box. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
5. The rules of the competition are as follows: Each entry submitting the correct answer to the nominated question will be entered into the Draw. One winner will be selected at random from the correct entries received into the Draw before closing date and verified by the Promoter and/or its agents. There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
8. No cash alternative to prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
9. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
10. The Promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
11. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, these terms and conditions, and the general terms and conditions of Tifosy.com
13. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
14. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.