Campaign look back
Bradford’s Fanfunding campaign for new changing rooms and a new big screen closed on Friday night with the campaign raising enough funds for both projects!
It has been an incredible campaign with some amazing once in a lifetime rewards, going from signed shirts to playing on the Valley Parade pitch and even a night watching and meeting Dynamo with some Bantams players!
Without the amazing support from the fans this would not have been possible and we know that everyone has loved the rewards and experiences on offer. Seeing messages of thanks from fans makes it all worth while to know that we have made a difference.
The new big screen will mean fans can watch re-runs of old games and get messages from the manager and players. The screen will also bring in extra revenue to the club through advertising making the clubs income streams more sustainable.
It has been a pleasure to help the club and fans and we hope that everyone enjoys the new big screen and that the players enjoy their new changing rooms. By funding these projects through a crowdfunding campaign it means there is more left in the playing budget and the club will benefit from advertising revenue through the screen which it would not have been able to afford normally. So you really have made a difference to the club!
Bradford City is a football club with a rich history, from the highs of the FA Cup triumph in 1911, promotion to the Premier League in 1999, and beating Chelsea and Sunderland in the cup in 2015, to the lows of two administrations and three relegations in 7 years. Through thick and thin, the City fans have stuck by their club and been a credit to their City.
Bradford City’s business model is simple: prioritise success on the pitch and everything else will follow. The club operates a sustainable financial model to avoid falling into difficulties like those experienced in the early 2000s, with all revenues reinvested back into the club. As a result, available funding for development projects is limited – as we all know, no improvement to The Coral Windows Stadium at Valley Parade is going to score 30 goals a season!
Now, the Bradford City Supporters Board have approached the club with a plan to raise £250,000 to invest in the stadium through FanFunding. With the contributions of BCAFC supporters around the world, we hope to raise enough money to renovate the players’ changing rooms and install a Big Screen to replace the outdated scoreboard in the south east corner. We want to #UpgradeTheParade for the players and the fans.
Project 1: Renovate the current player changing rooms
Project 2: New big screen
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay?
You can pay with any major credit card.
I don’t have a credit or debit card, can I still contribute?
You can definitely make your contribution. Please contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, and we will make sure to handle it with you offline.
I don't live in the UK. Can I still contribute?
Yes, donations are accepted from most countries as long as you use one of the card types listed above. Not only that, we will also take care of shipping you with the rewards you have chosen.
Where does the money go when I pay?
Your money, less fees and administration costs, will be held in a Bradford City Supporters Board nominated account, where it will be kept until needed to pay for the nominated projects. These funds can only be used for the campaign projects that have been announced on this website. In addition, all potential future advertising revenues generated by the screen will be invested in the continued operations of the football club.
How much of my contribution is taken up by admin fees and costs?
Costs and campaign expenses amount to less than 10% of the total amount raised. These include, amongst others, production costs of the campaign video, design and running costs of the campaign website and underlying platform, marketing costs, Tifosy’s fees and expenses, and payment processing fees. The campaign costs and expenses are in line with the crowdfunding industry average. Costs related to the manufacturing and fulfilment of rewards vary on a per reward basis.
Are there other costs to pay, like shipping or credit card charges?
No. All these costs are covered by your contribution.
What if the campaign target is not reached?
All the money we raise will go towards the nominated projects: first the players changing rooms, and then the big screen to replace the scoreboard. If contributions fall short of the amount, the money will be held in the Supporters Board account until the remainder of the money needed can be raised through other fundraising initiatives.
What if the campaign exceeds the target?
If we raise more than £250.000 target, we'll celebrate! But we don't want to stop there - any and all additional funds raised will be allocated to other projects to improve Valley Parade, and what we spend the money on will be based on what the fans want most.
Will this campaign damage other fundraising efforts?
Not at all. This campaign is meant to enhance the efforts of all other fundraising groups associated with Bradford City by enabling a wider range of fans from across the world to contribute. It has the full support of the club, the Supporters Board, the Friends of Bradford City and all the other supporters groups.
When will I receive my reward?
We will send many items as soon as possible after receiving your contribution. If the reward chosen is an experience or a service, time may vary depending on its availability as well as on the club to arrange the activity.
How will I receive my reward?
If you selected a reward which is a physical item, you will be able to choose whether to collect the item from the Coral Windows Stadium at Valley Parade or whether it is delivered by mail.
Can I contribute more than once?
Yes of course. You can donate as many times as you wish.
Can I give the reward as a gift to someone?
You certainly can! After you contribute, we will send you a thank you email asking you to provide details of the recipient of the reward. You can then enter their name and address there.
What happens with my personal information?
We will never store your credit card info anywhere. We use a secure payment process provider to process payments, so we don’t have to touch your payment information. We will use your name and email to deliver your contribution receipt, any rewards, and keep you up-to-date with campaign information. On occasion, we will use these details to share details of other Tifosy campaigns and the projects of trusted partners which might be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive such emails you will be able to unsubscribe. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter is: Bradford City Football Club Ltd (company no. 05102915) whose registered office is at Valley Parade, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 7DY, UK.
2. Employees of Bradford City Football Club Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. No purchase necessary. Alternative entry is via sending an email with the correct answer to the question and your name & address to email@example.com.
4. Closing date for entry is stated on the reward box. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The rules of the competition are as follows: Each entry submitting the correct answer to the nominated question will be entered into the Draw. One winner will be selected at random from the correct entries received into the Draw before closing date and verified by the Promoter and/or its agents. There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The Promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
12. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, these terms and conditions, and the general terms and conditions of Tifosy.com
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
|Money Raised||Total Points|
|30||Jaimie Dorward Shaw||£305||315|